cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

ProServerRegister in Creo3 Toolkit Issue

msteffke
12-Amethyst

ProServerRegister in Creo3 Toolkit Issue

Recompiling a WF5/CEpro5.o toolkit program to Creo 3.   The particular program runs as an unmanned batch system.   The program registers Windchill in the User_Initialize function.  Now that I compile the code to Creo3 I just get a flashing window when the ProServerRegister command is used.  Its the exact same as the issue reported in the unresolved CS246648 - which shows a video of the behavior.   Their example is slightly different because a user is clicking a button to initialize the toolkit registration, but same thing.

Is anyone in any version of Creo3 able to perform a ProServerRegister?    If so whats your datecode?

This code has worked for years.

tkerr = ProBrowserAuthenticate(username, password);   returns 0  no error.

tkerr=ProServerRegister(serverAlias, codebaseURL, WINWName, &aliased_url);

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
msteffke
12-Amethyst
(To:msteffke)

I end up with a fix for this.  PTC notified me it was fixed in Creo 3.0 m120.   Not just running in m120, but I had to recompile as well. It at least stopped the flickering window.  It appeared to work but would only connect to the last used workspace regardless of which workspace I specified and ProServerRegister would return a -5 (found).  To solve that issue i have included a line in my startup file to rename the .svr_mgr_db3.fldx file (WC cache file that contains your past windchill connection info).  ProServerRegister now will register any specified workspace.   

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PARTHIBAN_K
15-Moonstone

Hello Mark

What is the compiler version you've used? CREO 3 Supports Visual C++ 2012 (VS 2012 Compiler).

I Don't have CREO 3 but in CREO 2 ProRegisterServer() working fine for me.

I am using Visual C++ 2010 compiled DLL into Visual Studio 2015 C# Project (Creo 2 Supports Visual C++ 2010 Compiler only)

Parthiban Kannan

href="https://www.linkedin.com/in/parthiban-kannan/" target="_blank"

I am using the VS 2012 compiler. 

Issue still not solved. still an spr at PTC. 

PARTHIBAN_K
15-Moonstone

Hi @msteffke

I have some bad experiance on same code works in C Programming (.c) files yet it  not works on C++ Programming (.cpp). You may try with c. This may not a solution but a suggestion

Parthiban Kannan

href="https://www.linkedin.com/in/parthiban-kannan/" target="_blank"

Thanks pkannan.  I am writing in plain C though.

msteffke
12-Amethyst

I end up with a fix for this.  PTC notified me it was fixed in Creo 3.0 m120.   Not just running in m120, but I had to recompile as well. It at least stopped the flickering window.  It appeared to work but would only connect to the last used workspace regardless of which workspace I specified and ProServerRegister would return a -5 (found).  To solve that issue i have included a line in my startup file to rename the .svr_mgr_db3.fldx file (WC cache file that contains your past windchill connection info).  ProServerRegister now will register any specified workspace.   

jzwijsen
4-Participant

Hi Mark,

was it solved in M120? I just recompiled a Creo2 toolkit program in Creo 3 M140 and the flickering window pops up.

Kind regards,

Jan

msteffke
12-Amethyst
(To:jzwijsen)

In my opinion it is not fixed.   I never could get it to hook to any workspace other than the last WS.  ProServerRegister would return a -5 (found).  To solve that issue i have included a line in my startup file to rename the .svr_mgr_db3.fldx file (WC cache file that contains your past windchill connection info).  ProServerRegister now registers any specified workspace.  Its  a workaround, but I had to move on to other things.

The line I used in my proe1.bat file is:

RENAME %PTC_WF_ROOT%\.SSAPPD\ServerMgr\.srv_mgr_db3.fldx old.srv_mgr_db3.renamed

Top Tags