cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Dispaly Cable Full Colour

cworthington
1-Newbie

Dispaly Cable Full Colour

Hi All,

Is it possible to have the entire cable to display its colour in Creo Cable? at the moment only the first say 20 mm is coloured, the rest of the cable is grey.

Cheers!

14 REPLIES 14

Hi Carl,

Can you add an image of what you are seeing?  You should be able to see the entire cable in the color that was designated to it.

Thanks,

Amit

Hi,

upload your data, if you can.

Use How to Attach a File to a Discussion Reply procedure.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

unfortunately picture is not sufficient information.

Please create and upload testing Creo data.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

What information should I Upload?

Hi,

please upload small sample assembly with ​small sample cabling.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

Please find T158562.asm

Maybe Brian Martin‌ is able to answer your question. I give up.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Carl,

If I had to guess, I'd say you're autorouting and your network stops right where the color stops, right? This is because the cable is routing to the end of the network and beyond this, you have individual conductors. You're getting color on the conductors but not on the cable portion. Have you set colors on the cable itself or just the individual conductors? First, make sure your colors are applied to the cable, not just the underlying conductors.

Actually, a quick glance also shows a "." in the name of your cable spools. I haven't tried that before but having that DOT may be causing an issue? If applying color to the cable (which will color the jacket) doesn't work, try changing up the names of the cable spools to eliminate the dot. That may not have anything to do with it - but I have never seen a dot in a cable spool name before. Maybe it's just fine and I have always avoided them for no reason!

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks!

-Brian

Hi,

I can not see in the spool where the colour is for the cable? Only for the conductor?

Where is the name of the spool shown?

Many Thanks!

Carl

Also, How do I get to the cable colours, I can only see whats in the Two spool pictures above.

Many thanks,

Carl

Hi Carl...

Okay I took a deeper look. I have some questions:

• You're using Cables but each one only seems to have one individual conductor. Why is this? Are you truly using one-conductor cable? This is possible, I just wanted to ask because it seems a bit strange. Your cables are all named "W#" which, to me, means you really want individual colored wires.
  • If you really want colored wires, you need a wire spool with the color parameter set. This would solve your issue.
  • The cable spool name can be views by selecting Spools-->List from the Cabling application tab. You can also view it from the Electrical Parameters dialog box as shown below...

pic1.png

• You're clearly using a logical reference from Schematics - I'd be interested in what that data looks like. Maybe there's an issue on that side of the fence. If the spools are created from the import, you can add COLOR to the Schematics data and it should stick with the cable. If you're reading your spools from a spool library, we can add COLOR to the cable spool definition file.

To add COLOR (or any other parameter if it is not being displayed)...

1. Go to Spools-->Edit
  2. Insure that the Connections radio button is selected.
  3. At the very top of the Electrical Parameters window, select View-->Columns
  4. Move Color from the Not Displayed column into the Displayed column by selecting it from the entries on the left and using the >> symbol to move it.
  5. Select OK to close the Model Tree Columns window
  6. Click in the cell below the COLOR column for the desired cable.
  7. Manually enter the desired color - or pick from the drop-down of preselected colors.
  8. Select OK to close the Electrical Parameters window.

See below to locate the View-->Columns command...

pic2.png

Hopefully that gets you a bit farther.

Thanks!

-Brian

Hi,

Top man!

The schematic data is coming from Zuken E3 as an xml file. they should all be single wires, not sure why they are showing cables.

Yeah, this is the problem. Your wires are coming across as a cable with a single conductor rather than a wire. If they were just wires, the color would be working just fine. To solve the problem, I think someone on the ZUKEN end needs to change the way those conductors are created.

Thanks and good luck!

-Brian

Top Tags