cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Zooming on Browser Homepage

pdiletti-2
11-Garnet

Zooming on Browser Homepage

Hi CREO users,

the option "web_browser_homepage" is used to specify the path of home page for internal Creo browser.

Do you know if it's possible to manage a specific zoom value for this page in automatic way ?

Thanks in advance

Pier

8 REPLIES 8
sjuraj
13-Aquamarine
(To:pdiletti-2)

I think, this is not possible within Creo. You can however create mapkey that would run script which sets your page and than virtualy press key CTRL + PLUS SIGN to zoom the page, but it is not so clear way but may work.

Thank you

but the mapkey unfortunately doesn't work !

Have a nice day.

sjuraj
13-Aquamarine

I have tryed to make the script but there is problem the script always zoom page even when page is already zoomed. You will have to zoom your page manually or use toolkit up which can remember if the page was zoomed.

mbonka
15-Moonstone

Hello Pierluigi Diletti

CTRL + roll middle mouse button.

Don´t know automatic way...

Regards

Milan Bonka

Yes

the roll middle button works if you zoom manually.

The point is to automate the operation.

Mapkey could be a good compromise

Better if it's possible to define a specific value of zoom ( i.e. 100 % ...)

Thank you anyway

sully7
13-Aquamarine

CTRL + 0 sets your zoom to be 100%.

I have the same problem in Creo 3... but from my experience, this seems to be fixed in Creo 4.

In terms of "normal IE" operation, if you load up your Internet Options, and go to the 'Advanced' tab, there is a checkbutton to "Reset Zoom on new windows and Tabs"

screenshot.png

That fixes my NORMAL IE tabs... but doesn't seem to fix the embedded browser sadly. I'll investigate more tomorrow though

Thanks,

James Sullivan

CadActive Technologies

President & Founder
CadActive Technologies - www.cadactive.com
sully7
13-Aquamarine

So, this is what I've gathered so far (using Creo 3 M110 as my test environment):

• If you using config setting "windows_browser_type ie_browser" - "CTRL+0" seems to be your best option.
    • Based on my last post, the "reset zoom level" didn't do anything
    • There's a lot of reasons why I think this is the case... but I won't bore everyone with the details. PM if you'd want more information.
  • If you have no emotional attachment to internet explorer... drop it.
    • Install google chrome if you don't already have it
    • Change your config.pro setting to "windows_browser_type chromium_browser", and the embedded browser should show perfectly.

Again... all of this seems to have been fixed in Creo 4, but its at least good to know what your options are!

Hope this helps,

James Sullivan

CadActive Technologies

President & Founder
CadActive Technologies - www.cadactive.com

Many thanks James

Ctrl+0 is a good solution

even if it's not possible to use a CREO mapkey.

Bye

Pier

Top Tags