cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Using Schematics API to retrieve available params for selected artifact

kjones-3
1-Newbie

Using Schematics API to retrieve available params for selected artifact

How do I use Schematics Java API to retrieve all possible parameters (with types) for a selected artifact instead of retrieving just params that have a value?

Ex: Artifact.getProperties returns a list of parameters that have been assigned a value. I am looking for the equivalent of Artifact.listAllAvailableParameters.

It appears to me that the samples show how to validate a list of parameters a user is wanting to set, not pulling available parameters from an artifact type.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
BillF
13-Aquamarine
(To:kjones-3)

We just had Martin from CeDel Solutions (https://www.cedelsolutions.com/component/option,com_contact/Itemid,3/ in to teach several people how to use Java and the API in Schematics.  I cannot answer your question (I attended to understand what other people will be doing with it) but they can.

We have a long history of support via CeDel Solutions and they have written custom Java for us in the past.  It is amazing what can be done with Java.  Martin is extremely knowledgeable about using the API to get or set data.

Top Tags