cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to use refit function in creo VBA?

mwen-2
1-Newbie

How to use refit function in creo VBA?

Hi All,

I would like to use refit function in Creo VBA.

I has already studied VBA help file, but still don't understand how to use.

Please help solve this issue...thanks!!!

1 REPLY 1
sully7
13-Aquamarine
(To:mwen-2)

Hi Michael,

I'm not as familiar with the VBA API sadly, but based on what I can see from the C++ OTK library, the "refit" command belongs to the object "wfcWWindow".

PTC includes two types of classes in OTK, "pfc" classes (often associated with "read" functionality, or more basic commands), and "wfc" classes (often granting "write" functionality and more advanced commands. From my understanding, all of the free APIs (weblink, vbapi, etc) all only grant access to the "pfc" objects. I'm not very familiar with the new Java APIs in Creo 4... but based on my understanding, for more advanced functionality like what you are looking for, you'll need a license of ProToolkit (or OTK). From there, you could even compile a ProToolkit DLL and then import that DLL into your VBA application to grant access to the functionality you are looking for.

On a more personal note... I think that the "refit" command is a simple enough one that it SHOULD be included in the "pfc" classes... but sadly I don't make the rules

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.

Thanks,

James Sullivan

CadActive Technologies

President & Founder
CadActive Technologies - www.cadactive.com
Top Tags