cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Is there a way of starting creo with option 'work offline' for users with borrowed licenses?

oeiberger
1-Newbie

Is there a way of starting creo with option 'work offline' for users with borrowed licenses?

We have a central installation with some users using notebooks, so startup is either

- normal startup with conn to License server and Windchill

- startup via SSH Tunnel for License, or lm_borrow, without Windchill.

Due to longer delays from network timeouts, it would be nice to have two batch files, one starting normal, the other in offline mode.

Is there a way, like a command line option '--offline', except from modifying the active_server_config.fld?

Thanks in advance

Oliver

2 REPLIES 2

You can create any number of special startup scripts. I have a bunch.

If your running without Windchill there are a couple consideration.

• Where is it going to find startparts, drawing templates, etc
    • Where is it going to save to and look in.

If you’re looking into Windchill for start parts, drawing templates, etc. you will not have access to those. However, If you’re looking at a network share, you can make those folder/files available off-line in windows. So the user in the middle of nowhere will still see those network drive resource just as if they were hooked up to the network.

As for where is saves & open files I use these settings.

file_open_default_folder working_directory  <-- without Windchill

file_open_default_folder workspace  <-- with Windchill

Finally we have to talk about how to get your system to forget the last registered server.

I do this in the startup script:

rem ** set Cache Name
set CacheName=no_pdm_cache

rem ** Kill the creo agent so Creo doesn't try to connect to the last windchill server accessed
tskill creoagent
tskill nmsd.exe
del "%USERPROFILE%\pro\%CreoDir%\cache\%CacheName%\PTC\ProENGINEER\.wfwsi2008
del "%USERPROFILE%\pro\%CreoDir%\cache\%CacheName%\PTC\ProENGINEER\.Settings\active_server_config.fld
del "%USERPROFILE%\pro\%CreoDir%\cache\%CacheName%\PTC\ProENGINEER\.ssappd\ServerMgr\.srv_mgr_db.fldx

rem ** Set some paths

set PTC_WF_ROOT=%USERPROFILE%\pro\%CreoDir%\cache\%CacheName%\PTC\ProENGINEER

The last three lines are deleting other references to the server inside the cache folder. Since the first line and near the end of my script I'm setting the cache to a folder named no_pdm_cache, those lines may not be necessary, but I think they are a good idea anyway.

Thanks, David

I was looking for a way to toggle Online/Offline from outside Creo, e.g. to speed up startup for presentations.

Found a way: in the .cache2008/<yourserver>/online file type 0 or 1.

Works only after toggling via Servermanager once, but then it's fine.

Top Tags