cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Cross ref(?) or split connectors

glászló
4-Participant

Cross ref(?) or split connectors

Hi!

I have a quite big wiring design going on, of a harness so big, it won't fit on any of my currently available template sheets. Actually there are different parts in the harness, which goes to one connector. It would be nice to split the connector to pieces and put it on other design sheets. So for example:

Connector_xref.JPG

I have this wiring (not the design I was talking about but actually it doesn't matter), And I'd like to cut or separate connector P-27 at the red line, to put pins 6-12-11 on another sheet (including PJ-1 and J-31 too pf course). I can set some pins to not shown in reorder members, then the connector will use the "split shape cap" thing (display mode selectable in reorder members) which I made when the shape was created in the catalog, so it will look like this (15 pin connector with only the first 8 pins shown):

splittedcon.JPG

Now it would be great to put the other 7 pins with the same shape and end cap or whatever on another sheet. Is this possible?

I've only found the x-ref shapes part in help, which says I should create one more shape as an x-ref shape and designate it. But in a situation like this there can't be an exact x-ref shape, because the look of the shape on the other sheet will depend on where I want to split the connector, maybe I'd like to split it into 3 or even more pieces. I hope its understandable... Thanks for the help guys!

Laszlo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jstone
4-Participant
(To:glászló)

Laszlo,

Copy and use the "paste shapes" command.  You k=now have another instance of the same connector.  Use reorder to show pins where needed.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jstone
4-Participant
(To:glászló)

Laszlo,

Copy and use the "paste shapes" command.  You k=now have another instance of the same connector.  Use reorder to show pins where needed.

Thanks,

glászló
4-Participant
(To:jstone)

Jeff!

Thanks for the fast answer! That's exactly what I wanted to do!

Regards,

Laszlo

riaea
2-Guest
(To:jstone)

It works. Thanks!

Top Tags