cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo 4.0 - Missing Sequences in Manufacturing

razmosis
11-Garnet

Creo 4.0 - Missing Sequences in Manufacturing

Creo 4.0 was recently loaded on my computer and I am starting to familiarize with it.  We've been using 2.0 for a few years.

My manufacturing sequences are not visible in the model tree.  I believe everything looks to be pulling from my tree.cfg and config.pro files.  The operations are there and can actually be played.  The tool list is there too.  I am just missing all the sequences.

What setting am I missing?

Thanks for any help!

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

With the help of PTC support, we found that the older (11.10)  FLEXnet Publisher Version was not completely uninstalled with the installation of the newer 11.14 version.

Thank you all for the help.

Matt

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
JB_87049
15-Moonstone
(To:razmosis)

Perhaps the nc sequences are not activated in the Model Tree.

Select the option "Tree Filters'

2017-05-13_18-45-32.png

Verify the option sequence is checked

2017-05-13_18-48-22.png

Best regards,

John Bijnens

KU Leuven - Technology Campus Diepenbeek - Belgium
     http://technologiecampusdiepenbeek.be@

I looked at that and it appears that everything is checked.  The odd thing is that I can actually play the Operation and all the tools are present in the tool manager, but there is no way to see or edit the sequences tied to it.  The programming is complete in Creo 2.0.

I would think that if I had a license related issue going on that nothing would work.

Thanks,

Matt

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

Matt,

I am Wondering if it's a config pro problem? Have you tried starting with a blank config file the start adding things back in to the config file.

I've seen this in two instances:

(1) I started up Creo and didn't "take" the manufacturing license prior to opening a manufacturing assembly. For some reason this makes the model tree omit my NC sequences.
(2) The NC sequences are interpreted as "features" and by default when an assembly is opened the features are usually not visible. Turning on feature display via the model tree fixes it. Usually if I follow the normal process of opening files, Creo properly shows my sequences, but sometimes this seems to get messed up.

Maybe one of these is your trouble?

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

Hello Matt,

Are the sequences present in the process manager ?

Have you the option below set to yes ? This allows to use old nc sequences, like volume milling before the change they made in Creo 3.

I cannot find this option in the configuration editor.  I am guessing that due to a licensing issue I don't have a complete config.pro file.  The manufacturing category is empty in config.

Thanks,

Matt

mrao
8-Gravel

Hello Matt,

If this is license issue, please check your "Applications" then select "NC" type.

Have a good day!!

Mark Rao

razmosis
11-Garnet
(To:mrao)

I've gone through the suggestions above and am pretty sure the install or licensing is hosed up.  I am now getting the message upon start up that says my License Server is not compatible.  If I OK through this, and refresh my license list, NC-Complete appears and I can check it.  However, I can exit from that screen and go back to it and the NC-Complete isn't checked anymore.

If I set the "start in" location to c:\users\mr (where Creo2 starts), I am unable to open a manufacturing file.

If I set the "start in" location to c:\users, I am prompted to provide a writeable location for trail files and then can open a manufacturing file - however this manufacturing file does not show any sequences.  The sequences are obviously there, (because I can output the operations and all the tools are there) you just can't see them in the model tree.

It sounds like this issue may have to be resolved through my IT support and PTC, as I likely don't have the permissions to fix what I need to fix even if I understood what to fix.

In general, has M010 been working for people?

Thank you to all for your suggestions!

Matt

Capture.PNG

Matt,

As per image license for manufacturing NC-Complete_SET is not obtained by application. Most possibly version of this license on server is not updated to work with Creo 4.0. Your IT can fix this problem by contacting PTC License management for new license file which will update on server.

Matt,

we had license server issues going from Creo3 to 4. you have to update the license server on your file server but with our issue no one could open Creo 4.0 until we did the license server upgrade.

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:SteveLucas)

Over all Creo 4.0 has some nice changes not so much in manufacturing but in the general operation there is some nice new features that can really speed thing up.

With the help of PTC support, we found that the older (11.10)  FLEXnet Publisher Version was not completely uninstalled with the installation of the newer 11.14 version.

Thank you all for the help.

Matt

Top Tags