cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Simulate : cannot find the model file when opening results (while there is one)

ejost
1-Newbie

Simulate : cannot find the model file when opening results (while there is one)

Hello, I have been using simulate for a while, and recently an error doesn't stop from happening.

I create my model, assign constrains, forces, material and create static analysis.

Then I run it, it completes :

Capture1.PNG

this completion comes very fast, and obviously i have nothing in the report log...but the green check is there.

Then I try to open my results. At first there is no window to allow me the "Ok and show"...so I click New.

Capture2.PNG

Once new selected, I see my analysis ready.

But then I open it and it says that :

Capture3.PNG

My teacher tells me its because I have not enough space and the run is autodeleting itself...well I have more than 20 GB.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...the sure bit is it tends to fail more and more.

The analysis is there anyway. And if it weren't there, why does this happen ?

Have you already encountered such problem, I yes could you help ?

Regards

Edouard.

Note : everything is done in one single working directory

4 REPLIES 4

The same problem occurs at our company either. This is such an disappointing issue, because the analysis report shows a completed run without any errors and all files seem to be available (compared to other previous analyses).
Is there anyone who has a suggestion?

Hi again.

Shortly after posting my previous reply I solved our problem.
I can't see how your destination folder is named, but we had a german "ö" in our folder name. So we renamed it to an "oe" and that's it. Seems to be a problem with unicode. Should not be an issue in 2017. At least I expect an appropriate warning message.

hhj
10-Marble
10-Marble
(To:azimmermann)

Same situtation, when my folder's name include Chinese character.

it solved by changing folder name to full enginelish .

etrou4
1-Newbie
(To:ejost)

I have the same problem and it is incredibly impossible to understand. I even tried to send the output files to another person and the she was able to see my results without runing the simulation. I can see the .cvs output files which compiles the maximum displacement and stresses and they make sense.

The only difference is what ever I do it never works.

Next thing I do is reseting all the setings from Creo.

Top Tags