cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Reassign shape problem

glászló
4-Participant

Reassign shape problem

Hi!

I have a BID-WID diagram in schematics, and I have to copy (with cut) a part of the wiring to another sheet. When I do this all artifacts lose their co shapes in the wiring. So I've tried to reassign the shapes, but it gives me various errors, and I so I cant make it happen.

Block diagram:

block_det.JPG

The part of the block diagram, it contains block and also group artifacts too.

The WID of it:

Wiring_det.JPG

I cut this (ctrl+x, or right click CUT, doesen't matter) to another sheet.

If I try to reassign the shape of the wiring connector J-03 to J-02 (picture shows J-02 on wiring because it was taken before the cut-paste) it gives me the following error message:

det_err1.JPG

If I try to do the same with the heater element the error message is the following:

det_err2.JPG

But If I try the same on the block diagram with the connector J-03 it works (it doesn't work with the block artifacts like this neither), just the name won't be the same as before, and that's not acceptable.

I had this problem before, then I had to add the connectors again (in case of a 37 pin D-SUB connector it's not so easy, reordering the members one by one, not the best thing to do).

Do you have any idea why this happens? Thanks!

Regards,

Laszlo

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags