cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Sweeping issue

rholt
1-Newbie

Sweeping issue

Hi All

I'm relatively new to using Creo and have been going through a number of tutorials given to me, and have gotten stuck at something that seems fairly rudimentary and I hope I'm just missing something simple.

Whilst trying to sweep to generate the second image attached (tutorial model) I get the error message "FRAME regeneration completed with atypical feature or component status. Failed: 1"

While trying the edit the sketch I would receive the error "All the entities must be tangent". I eventually was able to generate a swept model by placing larger radius's on the problem sections.

I've had a look at both mine and the tutorials model, and I can't for the life of me figure out why theirs is able to sweep with the 90 degree bends and mine is not

I've looked through a couple other forum posts which mention changing the relative and absolute accuracy of the model but neither of those seemed to fix my issue

thank you all in advance

My model

Snap5.jpg

Tutorial Model

Snap4.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:rholt)

Hi,

Original model contains Sketch 1 with two arcs with radius 25.

Sketch 1 in your model contains wrong radius value 1 related to one of arcs. Modify it to 25 and you will get proper sweep geometry.

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

I was able to create following sweep.

If you can upload your model. I'll check it.

See How to Attach a File to a Discussion Reply

MH

Martin Hanák
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Russell,

Try editing sweep and Select the Allows section to be changed based on parametric references or relations along the sweep icon from the feature dashboard.

If this still fails, upload the model (as Martin mentioned in last reply)

I've attached both the tutorial model, and an attempt done by myself to get the model to sweep

I attempted to use the allows section to be changed based on parametric references or relations along the sweep icon however I found myself unable to make it generate.

Martin Hanak

Thank you both in advance

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

Original model contains Sketch 1 with two arcs with radius 25.

Sketch 1 in your model contains wrong radius value 1 related to one of arcs. Modify it to 25 and you will get proper sweep geometry.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags