cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Integrity client installer fails with message:Unable to execute the desired program.Please get another copy of the installer ...

mnenn
2-Guest

Integrity client installer fails with message:Unable to execute the desired program.Please get another copy of the installer ...

I attempted to install the latest integrity client. I uninstalled the Integrity 10.8 client. I attempted to install the new integrity client and received the failure described in the title and in the attached screenshot.

error.png

I then attempted to reinstall the Integrity 10.8 client and received the identical error message.

I verified that my home directory is local. I've investigated and found some folks need to rename the installer executable filename to the original created by InstallAnywhere.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
kjain-2
15-Moonstone
(To:mnenn)

Hi Mitch,

Can't tell you much on this without seeing this in depth but as a gentle suggestion check once again with your License file and Flex Server. And you mentioned that you uninstalled 10.8 and now installing newer version so delete all the temp files from your repository. Hope this helps or let me know further.

Regards

Kapil Jain

rl-4
2-Guest

Hello Mitch,

I guess it could cause by permission problem. InstallAnywhere will extract files to your local temp folder, then run installer from extracted file.

If permission to access the temp folder it could cause such error. You can try to close your Anti Virus software, and use Windows admin account to install again.

Robben

DanR.
10-Marble

Mitch,

I've seen this problem first hand.  Robben is correct.  To add to the discussion it could also be that you do not have permission to install programs to the Program Files directory.  Have an administrator install the client or get the permissions set so you can install.

Dan

MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise

I agree with Daniel and Robben.  Most likely anti-virus/security program interferring with the launch of the installer from the temp location, or your permissions.

mnenn
2-Guest

So I've successfully completed the installation on my Windows 10 system with elevated permissions . However, the installation fails on my Windows 7 system. The systems have different IT security configurations so I believe, via circumstantial evidence, that security configuration is the issue. I'm working with my IT department to determine the root cause. Thank you for all you input, Mitch

Top Tags