cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Create STL from assembly (3 parts)

ahofmann-2
1-Newbie

Create STL from assembly (3 parts)

Hi all,

I am trying to create an stl file from an assembly (for export and import to a electrothermal simulation software).
When I export the assembly as .stl, only one part is created / "meshed" (see attached picture), also when adjusting the parameters.

Anybody with any advice what to do to export the complete assembly as STL?

Thanks in advance!

Best

Annemarie

2017-05-24 14_15_15-IGS-WE-HCI-1890_WE-PERM2-REV1 (Aktiv) - Creo Parametric Student Edition (for edu.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

thanks for the reply.
I have either .stp or .igs and open them as assmblies. None of the file formats work to create the .stl
What can I do?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Annemarie,

Check the part ,which was not included in STL, is not a surface model.

Hi,

thanks for the reply.
I have either .stp or .igs and open them as assmblies. None of the file formats work to create the .stl
What can I do?

Any ideas / help ?
Thank you!

Does anybody have any feedback?

Hi,

as Mahesh Sharma already told you - all components i your assembly must be solid parts. Creo is not able to generate STL for surface model. So set Hidden line mode to display your assembly. Purple colored models are surface models with no weight.

I did simple test.

I saved following assembly into STL file.

When I opened STL file, I got this ...

MH

Martin Hanák

Thank you, I found a way to solve the problem !

Many thanks!

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ahofmann-2)

You would be helping the entire community if you described your solution and set it as the answer to your question.

I created the assembly myself from the single parts and did not open -stl or .step files from the supplier.

Top Tags