cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

In the Pattern menu, can I change the dropdown menu default to something other than dimension?

BobMortensen
1-Newbie

In the Pattern menu, can I change the dropdown menu default to something other than dimension?

When I go to the Pattern Menu in Modeling, the default pattern is "Dimensions". Since I mainly use "Direction" or " Axis" , is there a way to edit the dropdown to reflect this?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:BobMortensen)

I don't recall an option to set the default.

I use axis patterns mostly, so I made a mapkey to choose axis. In my case, I also set the degrees to 180 and made it for only 2 patterns. It seems to save a lot of clicks.

I also made one for reference patterns, it requires no clicks if I pre-select a feature that references another pattern.

Hi Bob,

No, there isn't an option to change the default pattern type.  You can create a mapkey that starts the pattern tool and changes the type.

Thanks,

Amit

mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:BobMortensen)

Hello

try to googled: "creo parametric hidden config". Maybe exists some hidden config options for this.

Have found: RETAIN_PATTERN_DEFINITION (hidden)

Don´t know how it works, but maybe it can help...

Regards

Milan Bonka

This option is obsolete and has been removed.  It will not work.

Amit

Top Tags