cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to calculate damped forces and stiffness within an assembly with different materials

ashafeeg
1-Newbie

How to calculate damped forces and stiffness within an assembly with different materials

Good Morning All

I have been doing a project in Creo for the last few months and this is the first time I come across this software, I must say that this peice of software is just wonderful. I wanna praise teh software a bit more but maybe lcox that will require an eassay or something, anyways let me get to the point straight away.

I attached a picture of my model. Its a support and motion system for those two magnetic sheath coils as you can see from the picture. There is an impact force for 70 t vertically and 20 t horizontally and plus the torques. Everything is set in place. Materials, forces/torques, constraintes, interafaces.etc. As for the materials there are vertical and horizontal dampers in the model. They have a  different material with a different Young's Modulus and poissons ration( as it should be). I have used NBR(I think thats what its called) rubber. With the help of your online resources and others help Im glad I can now do static analysis. Modal Analysis and even dynamic time analysis(I have the needed input function for the structure). Im familiar with all the steps and all.But wanna learn more actually I need to learn more, thats why I love doing this , you always get to learn more.

Okay. Everything in place. My question is. How to or Is it possible to calculate the damped forces and also the stiffnnes of the material Im using for damping. Thing is I need the damped forces to do the static analysis so that the structure of the system stays in limits as needed. Stiffness I just want to know out of curiosity. I mean its not a fault to learn more right?..

Thank you for reading the long question and I will be thankful for any kind of Help.

Have a great day!

PS: This thing is huge like the cylinder is 10m longer. You can imagine the rest with respect to the cylinder.

structure.jpg

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags