cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

REGENERATION ASSEMBLY

cspinelli
13-Aquamarine

REGENERATION ASSEMBLY

hello everyone,

can anyone explain me the behaviour of regeneration in assemblies?

i tried different config options but i cannot find an option to disable regen with at least simplified reps.

thanks

1 REPLY 1
vzak
6-Contributor
(To:cspinelli)

You can not disable regeneration in assembly completely. Even if you never push Regenerate button various commands like Edit Definition, Edit References, Suppress / Resume will trigger some kind of assembly regeneration. This is done in order to keep dependent components (child components) up to date with parents changes.

"High level" regeneration (usually of components and assembly features) happens upon assembly retrieval as well - if some changes are detected. Opening simplified representation should minimize this type to almost zero.

If you want to avoid certain components / features from regeneration you have 2 ways :

1. Set respective assembly / part features (all features) to Read Only status. You will also be unable to edit them

2. If you only want to eliminate regeneration triggered by parent changes you can use so called "update control" techniques - create geometry backups for respective components or features and set them to "Manual Update" status. This can be done to entire assembly as well.

Hope this helps.

Top Tags