cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Mathcad 15 Excel Component - invalid cell range?

jraidl
1-Newbie

Mathcad 15 Excel Component - invalid cell range?

In the attached Mathcad 15 work sheet an Excel component spreadsheet has been inserted.  The spread sheet has a Visual Basic program that uses input from cells on sheet1 and outputs a result in cell E11.  Mathcad is to calculate the input variables and assign them to cells E4 to E9.  Then Mathcad is to read the result from Excel in cell E11 for use in the remainder of the Mathcad worksheet.

The problem is it doesn't work.  Mathcad presents an error message that says "invalid cell ranges" and then locks up Mathcad.  The spreadsheet outside of Mathcad works perfectly?

Is there something wrong with the way I'm trying to integrate the two programs?  Is there something wrong with the cell references?

I didn't write the VBA program in the Excel worksheet.  It may be simpler to convert the program to a Mathcad program but I'm not conversant with VBA programming to do this.  Would appreciate help it the problem above can't be fixed.

The lookup routines should be direct to the Wbeam excel file.

Thanks,

John R

1 REPLY 1
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:jraidl)

Mathcad is known NOT to work with macro enabled Excel spread sheets, the ones with extension '.xlsm'.

For more information see here: Re: Embedded 'Macro Enable' Excel Spreadsheet, i.e. **.xlsm files

Success!
Luc

Top Tags