cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Release number on the drawing

manjunathrv
17-Peridot

Release number on the drawing

I have a general question about using Change notice number in the drawing title block or in the revision table.

Currently we are showing this information on all our drawings. We were wondering if this information is really required.

What are the uses of showing this information? is it an industry or any standard requirement? ANSI/ASME or ISO?

Are other companies also showing this information on the drawings?

Can anyone share this information?

5 REPLIES 5

I don't think this is an ASME standard. ASME Y14.1-2012 lists out the blocks that should be in a drawing's title block. I don't see any mention of ECN.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:manjunathrv)

We are in the process of removing it from our drawings. I pulled a room of folks about this very thing at the last technical committe meeting in Boston. Of the ~40 people in the room I think ~1/3 were no longer putting it on thier drawings.

jmccormick-5
5-Regular Member
(To:Chris3)

And we just started putting revisions back on the drawings.  It essentially differentiates today's drawing changes from last week’s drawing - kind of like a new drawing number.  We had a rash of trouble with our manufacturing providing prototypes from the wrong version of the drawing.  Plus for us it's a no-brainer since PDMLink takes care of tracking the revisions for us.  

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:jmccormick-5)

To be clear the OP was referring to the engineering change number not the revision. We still have the revision on our drawings.

Thanks. We will have to check with our manufacturing about this.
Top Tags