cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo 3 - Draft multiple protrusions

Peter1
1-Newbie

Creo 3 - Draft multiple protrusions

Hello all,

I have been trying to find a way to draft multiple protrusions all at once. Is this possible or will I have to individually draft all these protrusions?

In the screen shot, I need to draft all 8. I have been trying to use Seed/Boundary sets, but no go.

If you know how, please reply with specific steps. I have even tried a simpler model with just 2 posts and I can't find a single draft setup.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Peter1
1-Newbie
(To:Peter1)

Yes, I am. I can put drafts on all 3 posts with 3 draft features, but want to do it in just one feature if possible. I feel like Seed and Boundary should be able to select all those surfaces.

jmccormick-5
5-Regular Member
(To:Peter1)

To use the Seed and Boundary method, you will need to select 2 surfaces where the desired drafted surfaces reside between. For example the top of the pillers and - holding the <SHIFT> key - the surface below the pillers.. Then - with the <ALT>key held down - deselect the top surface. Now, right click and hold - select "Draft Hinges" - and proceed from there.

Optionally, you could add taper (under the options tab in the extrude dashboard) to the pillers as you extrude them.

Top Tags