16 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2010 11:09 PM by chris RSS

Threads G1/2

chris PTC Employee

Hello you Pro-E users

Is it possible to make a hole with Gassthreads G1/2 (14/")

I work with Pro-E windchill 5 and have no  colleges to ask it to.

Greetings from Belgium

Chris

• Re: Threads G1/2
          CallBobB Copper

Hello Chris (from Belgium)

Have you made regular machine threads in Pro-e? If so you would build the Gas Threads the same way except you would angle the SWP PROFILE to match that of the Gas Thread specification.

Bob

chris PTC Employee

Hello again

Until now all the threads I used were regular and are preinstalled. So I don't know how to make new ones in Pro-E.

That's the problem with me: I dont know how.

Now you told me it's possible I will look for it but a few hints are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

chris PTC Employee

Hi there

Is it possible to make an upgrade for Pro-e 5 with Gass-treads as option in the hole option. This is also an answer to PTC.

Friendly greetings

Chris

DavidButz Platinum

Christiaan,

Two general choices with threads: Cosmetic Threads or actual helical geometry.  If you want to create the real geometry, you use Helical Sweep/Cut.  There are a few ways to do this.  Although it's not necessary, I prefer to create a hole first.  It provides a good reference, and you can put in a chamfer before creating the cut.  If you want more details, let me know.

pipe-thread.jpg

David

nico74 Bronze

Hi Christiaan,

On WF3 the thread and holes are defined in the .hol file.

you can either remake your own or look for the correct one on the net.

Hope this help.

Let us know how you get on.

Nicolas

PS See bellow are a few thread I've found on the net.

chris PTC Employee

Hi

I suppose you are close to have given the right answer but...

I can not open the files you send along (hol) the pc seems to think it's a kind of file like "holidays of microsoft office outlook".

Is it possible you did something wrong or did I? I send one unzipped back.

I should say or you try it again or you tell me what i've been doing wrong.

Thanks anyway

Chris

nico74 Bronze

This files have to be placed in the same directory as iso.hol and unc.hol.

You then need to restart proe. you should see different choice of thread in the hole tool.

If you want to create your own thread you need to edit this files with pro-table.

Nicolas

chris PTC Employee

Thank you

This was what I wanted.

It works perfect I'll have to find out if The DIN ISO 228-1 is in those files you send me.

Thank you again now I know where I can change all the threads I want.

Regards

Chris

nico74 Bronze

Hi  Christian,

I'm glad  this was use for you.

Could  you please let me know if any of this files are to the ISO228-1  Standard.

Regards,

Nicolas

chris PTC Employee

Hi Nicolas

To bad no they are not. Are you or any of you readers of this discussion, holder of those thread files according to ISO228-1?

I did allready look it up and have not enough specifications to make my own.

I told it before this is something for PTC. They should bring ProE up to date with all ISO specifications.

I think to open a new discussion about that.

Regards

Chris