cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Feature Recognition

MukaSingh
1-Newbie

Feature Recognition

I am trying to import a step file and would like to use the feature recognition option. I saved the frt_enabled option to "yes" as you can see in my atachment. I'm not sure why the little square icon is infront of the frt_enable command but I still cannot get to the feature recognize option. Can someone help? Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:MukaSingh)

For options with the computer or box looking icon to take effect you need to exit and restart ProE. Options with a lightning bolt take effect in session. Options with a wand take effect only when new files are created (i.e. work when creating new empty part, does not work using start parts).

Kevin

I exit ProE and I still do not have access to the Feature recognition Command. The computer looking icon is still infront of the "Frt_enabled" command even after I exit and return to ProE. Do you or anyone else have any idea how to get access to the Feature Recognition command?

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:MukaSingh)

Is the option showing up in the Edit menu and greyed out or is it not showing up at all? It showed up in in the menu after I added the option and restarted ProE. You may need to add the Feature Recognition Tool from Tools>Customize Screen>Toolbars tab. If it's in the menu I think you need to select the geometry first. The icon will remain next to the option, it won't disappear, it's just an indicator of when the option is applied.

Top Tags