19 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2011 10:28 PM by BongTallorin RSS

Using Scripts in MathCAD (VB Script?) for foundation design calculation

Debayan Copper

A Big Hello to all fellow Civil & Structural Engineers!

I had thought that I should put this question in 'Programming & Extending MathCAD' discussion, but then I thought against it and decided to put this question here.

I thought I will just explain it the way it is in a language that fellow engineers will understand.

Bascially what I have is this

1) STAAD output of support reactions in MS excel worksheet.

2) MathCAD 15.0

Now what I want to do is

1) To script a code (please let me know whether I can do this without a code too) and run a loop so that it automatically pastes each and every node and load case number one by one in a particular variable by reading the following from the excel sheet.

2) As and when the node no and LC is getting pasted, the variables which I have assigned for forces like FX,FY and FZ should change automatically (The values of FX, FY and FZ will be read from the excel sheet)

3) Assuming that I have just one check , whose output is 'Safe' and 'Unsafe' should be tabulated in an array form for each and every load case and node no

4) I should be able to display the most critical LC and node no combination for documentation purposes.

I hope that I have not jumbled up all of this. Any help will be appreciated. I have done this in VB Macro in excel and am just shifting to MathCAD thus this long question.

Regards,

Debayan