7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2012 12:22 PM by FrankS.Schiavone RSS

Issue with Creo and features failing.

FrankS.Schiavone Platinum

I had a model built years ago, and went to modify it in Creo.....and the trajectory completely failed, for no reason.  Segments were just missing.  Really weird.  It was a trajectory created by the intersection of 2 surfaces.  I changed the model to absolute accuracy and cranked that up, but nada.  Then, I simply recreated the curve in Creo and it worked.

Be aware then that certain models may have built in timebombs like this in them.  Thankfully this was actually a simple model, not one with hundreds or thousands of features (like I've dealt with before).  I'm going to do a test later to see if the same model works just fine in WF4.  I'm sure it will, but I'm goint to try just to rule that out.  If it does work fine, and I have no reason to believe it won't, it'll be yet another reason for me to stay on WF4.

I probably posted this once before, but I've read several places that your start models should be completely created from scratch every major revision (i.e. to WF, and now to Creo), otherwise these timebombs can exist in all your models built from an old start part used in a new release.

• Re: Issue with Creo and features failing.
          FrankS.Schiavone Platinum

It turns out the issue is a little deeper than first thought.  Modifying it in WF4 caused issues as well.  I believe that the issue is that this model was made pre-WF in Ver. 2000i, and that's what's causing the failure of the trajectory, since I know they made major changes to how the software handles geometry like this.  Scary to think of all the models out there that may have similar issues.........

• Re: Issue with Creo and features failing.
            James62 Platinum

I probably posted this once before, but I've read several places that your start models should be completely created from scratch every major revision (i.e. to WF, and now to Creo), otherwise these timebombs can exist in all your models built from an old start part used in a new release.

Pretty interesting observation. I use WF5 start parts, assemblies and formats in Creo 1.0 and it behaves unexpectably sometimes.

I know 3 sure ways to crash Creo 1.0 M020 at the moment.