cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Howto use mold component catalog

JB_87049
15-Moonstone

Howto use mold component catalog

Dear,

I've installed Creo 1.0 M030.

I've checked the options "Mold Component Catalog" and "Plastic Advisor" during installation.

Plastic Advisor works, but I can't get any access to the Mold Component Catalog.

In the past (WildFire area) I've created a directory c:\ptc\prolib

In this directory I placed the following subfolders : objlib, mfglib, moldlib and created a prolib.mnu file.

I added the following to the config.pro

pro_library_dir c:\ptc\prolib

and all worked fine.

Now I do the following in Creo 1.0 : I create a new assembly (suboption Mold Layout).

I want to create a new MoldBase as I did in the past. I pick a moldbase from Hasco. Then Creo says in the message window it cannot retrieve the parts.

In the installation manual it says all libraries are installed within the common files section. However I can't find any library file there.

As the manual doesn't say a thing about pro_library_dir I disabled this and copied the folder moldlib to this common files folder.

To cut a long story short I tried everything I could, but was unable to get this working.

The only thing to get this working is if I add the following to the config.pro

pro_library_dir c:\ptc\prolib\moldlib

Then it works, but how am I supposed to use the other libraries like the manufacturing libraries e.g. ?

And help or advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

John Bijnens

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikkoHinkkanen
13-Aquamarine
(To:gkoch)

Hint to find MED-6XX-CD-330_2002490_MOLDBASE.zip:

• Where to download "Library Databases" from PTC website, CS54659

And for last. NO, you don´t use search paths with Libraries. They have their own ctg&mnu files for that.

Just set config.pro option pro_library_dir to point at the root directory of library.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The option "Mold Component Catalog" in Creo installer is to install the workpiece templates. They are used when creating a automatic workpiece.

If you want to use mold base and library components, you must install the Mold Base Library and set the pro_library_dir configuration option to the location of the mold base library loadpoint. Mold Base Library is a standalone cd image. It is available on PTC download page.

After installing the Mold Base Library and set the configuration option, you have to add search paths to Creo configuration. E.g.

pro_library_dir D:\ptc\moldlib

search_path D:\ptc\moldlib\dmemoldlib\metric_d\assy_dm\100x100dm

search_path D:\ptc\moldlib\dmemoldlib\metric_d\assy_dm\296x396dm

The Mold Base Library data is limited and has not been updated for a couple years. It is recommanded to use Expert Moldbase eXtension. The moldbase and component data in EMX is comprehensive and up-to-date.

Russell Hsu

Download: MED-6XX-CD-330_2002490_MOLDBASE.zip

• Install it.
  • update *.mnu & *.ctg if not success by installation
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:JB_87049)

This thread has had 2373 views until today, although it seems to have a good answer.

Can the next one, who tries this suggestion, please mark the post as Correct Answer (only if it works, of course)

Thank you in advance!

Gunter

MikkoHinkkanen
13-Aquamarine
(To:gkoch)

Hint to find MED-6XX-CD-330_2002490_MOLDBASE.zip:

• Where to download "Library Databases" from PTC website, CS54659

And for last. NO, you don´t use search paths with Libraries. They have their own ctg&mnu files for that.

Just set config.pro option pro_library_dir to point at the root directory of library.

Top Tags