cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

file miscast

hmagnanao
1-Newbie

file miscast

Hi,

I'm having a problem in my script where MKS is miscasting a file as a binary when it isn't. Is there a way around this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tdalon
4-Participant
(To:jgorsline)

Thanks Jeremy. The issue is already well known by PTC. We already have a SR for it but I personnally do not know when it will be fixed. (I am not in our support/admin team). I would be very happy if it were fixed soon 😉

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello Hector,

is it while adding a file newly to MKS? If yes, then you could select the data type manually in the Create Archive dialog in the GUI... If you use "si add" then just use the parameter --binaryFormat.

Regards

Heike

I ran into a similar issue with a "could not compute text delta" error. The below information was provided for resolving it. Basically, there was a line in the textfile that was very long (several hundred characters, if I remember correctly), so the fix was to break it into multiple lines.

Whenever you add or check-in a file, Source Integrity has a certain way of determining whether that file is binary or text if you have not already specified that in a previous dialog.

Our product detects binary files by recognizing the fact that binary files are larger than 16 kb and all data appears to be on one line. This is the default formatting of a binary file.

When you have a text file that is formatted in the same way, Source Integrity believes that your file is a binary file and checks it in as that type.

If this is not what you want, you can include formatting in your text files (such as newlines and carriage returns) or specify the file type when Adding or Checking-In members.

tdalon
4-Participant
(To:matt_giltaji)

In Integrity 10 SP1 it is not possible to specify/force the type at Checking-In (only at Add new member).

This is a big issue for us. One shall not have to modifiy manually a file before checking.in specially for propriatary formats like Simulink .mdl files.

It would be good if one could deactivate this MKS behaviour, means the file format shall be kept as defined as its creation (Add).

I don't see any reason why it shall be changed in a member lifetime.

This is a big issue for us because some files can not be checked-in anymore because of this issue.

Please consider this with high prio.

Thierry,

If this is a high priority issue, please open a support case or call Technical Support for immediate assistance. This forum is designed for more informal questions and support. Opening a case with us will get a support engineer on your problem immediately.

tdalon
4-Participant
(To:jgorsline)

Thanks Jeremy. The issue is already well known by PTC. We already have a SR for it but I personnally do not know when it will be fixed. (I am not in our support/admin team). I would be very happy if it were fixed soon 😉

Top Tags