cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Spell Checker

fvanpala
1-Newbie

Spell Checker

Is it possible to edit the list of words in the spell checker? I only

see a way to add words.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As a follow up: How to change the spell check dictionary in Integrity:

In the Administration Client, open the Workflows and Documents node, then Configuration and Properties.

In the list on the right, look for mksis.in.SpellingDictionary. Edit this property and add the path to the dictionary file

To ensure all users can use the external dictionary, you can copy the dictionary file to the Integrity Server file system, in the <server_install>\data\public_html directory. Any files in this directory can be accessed using the Integrity Server URL.

For example, the file "<server_install>\data\public_html\En_US.dictionary" can be accessed using the URL "http://<host_name>:<port>/En_US.dictionary"

The dictionary must be a text format file.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
JensN.
13-Aquamarine
(To:fvanpala)

Hi,

as far as i know you can use different dictionaries, as example the open-office dictionary. These dictionaries has to be set up at the server. If you have access to your integrity-server (as an admin), you can edit these dictionaries. As a "simple user" it is not possible to edit this dictionary i think...

kind regards, Jens

Hi Jens

I unfortunately do not have admin rights on our system, so I can’t use a different dictionary.

Fred

Sorry Fred, Jens is right. The dictionary used is a server varable and can only be changed by an admin. Perhaps you can put a request in with your admin about changing the dictionary you want to use?

As a follow up: How to change the spell check dictionary in Integrity:

In the Administration Client, open the Workflows and Documents node, then Configuration and Properties.

In the list on the right, look for mksis.in.SpellingDictionary. Edit this property and add the path to the dictionary file

To ensure all users can use the external dictionary, you can copy the dictionary file to the Integrity Server file system, in the <server_install>\data\public_html directory. Any files in this directory can be accessed using the Integrity Server URL.

For example, the file "<server_install>\data\public_html\En_US.dictionary" can be accessed using the URL "http://<host_name>:<port>/En_US.dictionary"

The dictionary must be a text format file.

Hi Jeremy,

Is the added (external?) dictionary used in addition to the standard dictionary? If so, is the internal library accessible so we can do an automated check of it before adding words to the new dictionary? My IT guy followed these directions to swap in the OpenOffice dictionary but words that aren't in it are showing up as spelled properly. I've parsed a couple of internal glossaries and want to add the new words to the OpenOffice dictionary (and probably delete the standard words from the OpenOffice dictionary).

Thanks,
Eric

Eric,

Did you disconnect and then reconnect your client to load the changes to the dictionary file?

Hi Jeremy,

I've been disconnected many times using the command line and have restarted many times as well. I think I found at least part of the reason I was getting confused. We have three ViewSets: production, training and sandbox; we added the dictionary to sandbox. If I am in the production ViewSet when I start up MKS and and then switch (and log into) the sandbox, I keep the production dictionary. Our admin noticed a common word that was missing from the OpenOffice dictionary, "other" (my fault I zapped some codes they used and got it too) and made a typo when he manually put it in (otherP) which makes it easy to check which dictionary is being used. The same issue occurs when starting up in sandbox and switching to production, otherP is then not a misspelling in production. This is with:

MKS Integrity 2009

Build: 4.10.0.9049

Service Pack: 006-01

Is this the expected behavior?

I'd still like to confirm that the added dictionary replaces and isn't supplemental to the standard dictionary?

Lastly does MKS allow use of an affix file (or have one that is applied to the added dictionary)? The OpenOffice dictionary (uses the Hunspell dictionary) uses codes on some words to effectively add words to the dictionay, e.g.

awkward/RYPT

awkwardness/M

awl/SM

awn/GJSM

awning/M

Did a little testing and it looks like MKS may be using Hunspell?

This potentially makes it a bit tricky to just grab the OpenOffice dictionary (I zapped all the extensions for our test).

Thanks,
Eric

Eric1
1-Newbie
(To:Eric1)

Hi Jeremy,

Where did all the PTC folks go?

Thanks,

Eric

Sorry about the delay.

I've confirmed that our dictionary is very simple. One word per line, case sensative, no codes etc. The process just goes through the file and puts up a flag if your word isn't in there. It should be pretty easy to add or edit.

athatavarti
6-Contributor
(To:jgorsline)

Hi Jeremy,

How can we edit the default integrity dictionary ?

Do you have any server path for that ?

Thanks,

Amit

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:athatavarti)

Hello Amit Kumar Thatavarti‌,

As Jeremy Gorsline‌ mentioned, the dictionary file must be a simple text file, so you should be able to edit that file with a simple text editor.

By Integrity Lifecycle Manager 10.9 (and possibly earlier) the property mksis.im.spellingDictionary was moved in the Admin GUI from Server -> Configuration -> Properties to Server -> Workflows and Documents -> Configuration -> Properties.  If no value is set, then as the description for the mksis.im.spellingDictionary property states, the internal English dictionary will be used, which cannot be modified.  User preference can override this to use a different dictionary in the client preferences:  File -> Preferences -> Workflows and Documents -> General -> Spell Checking.  In addition, the user dictionary (with the user's word choices) is listed here as well, although the location cannot be changed through the GUI after installation.

A sample dictionary can be found here:  http://git.eclipse.org/c/jdt/eclipse.jdt.ui.git/plain/org.eclipse.jdt.ui/dictionaries/en_US.dictionary

I hope that helps.

Kind Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
kgonzalez
4-Participant
(To:KaelLizak)

Hi, I work in a regulated industry.  Any recommendations on the spelling dictionary URL we shall use?

Top Tags