I have my config file set with pro_mf_cl_dir set to a directory on my hard drive so all the manufacturing files ncl,acl,lst,and such go to that directory instead of cluttering up the network drives with junk from creating manufactuing files. it works great the only thing that gets put in the working directories are the saves of the mfg assembly and tph files.
Makes deleting files easier.
I think I like this option best. I currently have a recursive purging batch file I wrote that cleans up all the directories on our server, getting rid of these stray files. It seems like this particular version of the software loves to generate temporarily used but never deleted files, like ".acc" files, and the like.
Putting the files in a local directory will also let me avoid something that has crept up lately in our company, the fact that the post-processor can't handle directory names with a length longer than some number of characters. I don't know the limit, but have had some troubles with verbosity in naming of late.
the only files I see that get left behind in the main directories that don't get moved to the local folder are the vericut files(cgtpro.tls,cgtpro.tp, cgtpro.vcproject,cgtpro_operations.vctmp and cgtpro.bat files). these are easy to delete with my spurge program that also has the delete function.
I find that a lot of topics here seem to be kinda answered, but the final solution is never provided. So for the sake of anyone else who might be interested, here's what I ended up doing.
(1) In my config file (I call mine config.pro, the traditional name), I set the parameter "pro_mf_tape_dir" to a location on my computer's C: drive. This is where all the NC program files and any other intermediate files will be written.
(2) I wrote a quick DOS batch file to kill all the junk files that are generated. This includes the .tab files that were the reason for my inquiry, as well as some other ones. The batch file put in the directory specified in step (1), and contains the following commands:
--- Begin DOS Batch File ---
del *.acl 2> nul
del *.lst 2> nul
del *.mbx 2> nul
del *.ncl.* 2> nul
del *.ncl_a.tab 2> nul
del *.ncl_b.tab 2> nul
del *.ncl_c.tab 2> nul
del *.ncl_x.tab 2> nul
del *.ncl_y.tab 2> nul
del *.ncl_z.tab 2> nul
--- End DOS Batch File ---
I could have just used "del *.tab 2> nul", but like the precision of doing it this way.
So now, my .ncl files generated by Creo are stored in this directory, the post-processor writes the .tap files to the same directory, and to clean up things, I just run my batch file and all is well.
.tab files started being created when we switched from Wildfire 3 to Creo 2.0. There was no effort on my part to cause this. I leave file extensions created by the post-processor at their defaults. I use G-Post as provided by PTC. The files are just long lists of what look to be coordinate values. I, too, spent a lot of unsuccessful time trying to track down what these files are and why they exist. Also, why the post-processor doesn't clean up after itself when it's done.