cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

State Workflow

GregOlson
15-Moonstone

State Workflow

I am looking for assistance on creating a workflow template that would do the following:

If an EPM document is manually (outside the revision process) set to "in work" and stays at this state for more than 3 days, the workflow would send them an e-mail reminder to set back to released state. When the user gets the e-mail, the workflow would start over and give the user another 2 days before emailing again, this would continue until the item is back to released. This would jab the user to get the item back to released ASAP.

The revision process (we revise from release which creates a new version at in work) and new docs would not be subject to this process. We don't run into this often....be we do have new users that sometimes make mistakes and set cad docs to in work, then forgetting to clean up after themselves. I cannot lock this function down as we use family tables everywhere....BAD. We have a test server, so I can mess around as much as needed.

This will be my first workflow....so keep the answers to a Windchill 6 month old level.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Greg

5 REPLIES 5

Put the workflow on the change object which authorizes the person to Revise and iterate the CAD Documents. This workflow can have a timer.

Mike,

We have many intances where people do not revise a document but still have to check it out to make changes to family tables (revising an instance, but the change requires the generic and other instance to be checked out and checked back in).

To revise we need to start the doc at released state and then it is moved to in work. To bypass the revision control, a user must set state to in work to allow check out. I want some sort of reminder to set state back to release after checkin.......or for any docs that are at in work for that matter.

Ah yes - family table generics and verification. We handle as follows:

- Designer creates a discussion posting in the product / library where the CAD doc exists.

- A lead sets state on the needed generic; they subsribe to the particular posting

- The Designer does the needed changes, then updates the posting thread

- The lead sets state of the generic back to Released

PTC absolutely should come up with something for this.

We are a very small company and don't have the personal to create discussions....currently I have been running monthly reports and emailing everyone a list to clean up.

Hello ,

I created workflow, which need to execute when EPMDocument checked in from PROE. I set Workflow in INWORK state of EPMDocument lifecycle.

I added synchronize robot on CHECKIN event of EPMDocument in workflow immediately after START , I added below code in synchronize robot that if EPMDocument path doesn't contain EPMDocument creator name then only proceed workflow .

However the workflow executes when I click SAVE & UPLOAD the Drawing in PROE, rather It should be executed when I click CHECK IN the Drawing.

So When I click CHECKIN , workflow doesn't execute Synchronize robot because it already executed ...

Does anybody have idea about How I can solve this issue?

primaryBusinessObject is EPMDocument

if ( primaryBusinessObject != null ) {

String stringCreator = ( (wt.epm.EPMDocument) primaryBusinessObject ).getCreatorName() ;

String stringForlderPath = ( (wt.epm.EPMDocument) primaryBusinessObject ).getFolderPath() ;

if( ! stringForlderPath.contains( stringCreator ) ) {

result = "ok";

}

}

Top Tags