cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

"Can not find or start IsoView Server. Error -16"

ptc-5105116
1-Newbie

"Can not find or start IsoView Server. Error -16"

I'm currently working a problem with the IsoView plugin installed within Airbus' ADOC program. Even though I totally uninstalled and reinstalled ADOC, I'm still getting this error message whenver I attempt to view a tally sheet within the program:

"Can not find or start IsoView Server. Error -16". ADOC then locks up, and I have to shut it down.

Can anyone give me some insight into the significance of "Error -16"? ADOC is installed on Windows XP SP3 using Internet Explorer 8.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm using IsoView v7.0.607.

Thanks for the Programmer's Reference, Vladamir. I didn't find a reference to Error code 16 or the more common Error code 50 listed there, but hopefully it will be helpful to others.

But I was able to resolve the issue. Thinking it might be a problem with permissions, I logged in as an administrator, and IsoView suddenly started working within ADOC. So I logged into another account, and IsoView worked fine there. I went back to the orginal, non-working account, and IsoView died. Hmmmm . . .

Corrective action: I backed up all the data from my original user account, deleted the account and recreated it. I then copied all the files from the Desktop folder backup into the new Desktop folder in and tested IsoView. It worked fine at this point.

So I can't say what was causing the problem, but maybe this information will prevent someone else from having to spend 6-8 hours troubleshooting this problem in the future.

Keep up the good work!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Rich,

What version of IsoView are you using? Here's a list of error codes from "Arbortext IsoView 7.2 Programmer's Reference" PDF guide (which can find it in attachment).

Error+Codes+Iso+View.png

I'm using IsoView v7.0.607.

Thanks for the Programmer's Reference, Vladamir. I didn't find a reference to Error code 16 or the more common Error code 50 listed there, but hopefully it will be helpful to others.

But I was able to resolve the issue. Thinking it might be a problem with permissions, I logged in as an administrator, and IsoView suddenly started working within ADOC. So I logged into another account, and IsoView worked fine there. I went back to the orginal, non-working account, and IsoView died. Hmmmm . . .

Corrective action: I backed up all the data from my original user account, deleted the account and recreated it. I then copied all the files from the Desktop folder backup into the new Desktop folder in and tested IsoView. It worked fine at this point.

So I can't say what was causing the problem, but maybe this information will prevent someone else from having to spend 6-8 hours troubleshooting this problem in the future.

Keep up the good work!

Some time ago SPR ("When Opening Isoview Files a Splash Screen with: "DISTRIBUTION PROHIBITED" and Error:" Can not find or start isoview server -16" occurs on systems with stand-alone Isoview 7.0 and Arbortext Editor 5.3 M030 installed.") has been created with this issue for Arbortext IsoView 7.0 M010. And it was stated that issue was resolved in Arbortext IsoView 7.0 M040 and 7.1 F000 release. SPR details: https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/spr.jsp?n=1431886

Has anyone found a fix to the dreaded "Can not find or start IsoView Server. Error -16?"

I temporarily was able to get my viewer to function- only after going into the PC's Device Manager and reverting the Intel Graphics Driver back to an earlier, unsupported driver. This is a temp-fix, as Windows 7 needs the actual newer Intel Driver.

Neither the UAC fix nor creating a new account had any effect n the issue.

As I have just signed-up, I do not have the correct rights to actually contact support on this issue.

Brilliant, btw.

Thanks.

Top Tags