cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Need Help!! How to "Create Balloons - By Record"?

ptc-5265894
1-Newbie

Need Help!! How to "Create Balloons - By Record"?

I had set up a table that contains the repeat region. I could have the balloons shown by ALL, BY VIEW, BY COMP, BY COMP & VIEW but not By Record.

Creo prompts "Select a bulk or included item record from the BOM table.", but as I click on any single item in the table, nothing shows up and nothing changes.

Also, as an equivalent of this feature, the toolkit API function: ProBomballoonByRecordCreate() keep returning an error saying "PRO_TK_BAD_INPUTS - One or more of the input arguments are invalid."

Does anyone here have a clue how use this feature?

Thanks in advance!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:ptc-5265894)
5 REPLIES 5
bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:ptc-5265894)

It works!

Thanks for detailed explanation.

I am having the same issue. Can't select Ballon By Record.

Yes this video from Blue Duncan works when creating a bulk item. But still the problem with selecting an existing item/record remains.

Is this option only for Bulk items?

Thanks.

bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:ptc-4413179)

QQ%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%8720140805090212.jpg

This old but to create additional balloons for items that have a balloon created by record use split balloon.

Top Tags