cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

common name

chris5
1-Newbie

common name

Hey you all Is there anyway to make or change the common name after you made the PRT and while you make the DRW. For the moment I cant find anyway.
8 REPLIES 8
chris5
1-Newbie
(To:chris5)

I have made the part and the drawing without knowing its Stocknumber now I want to rename the common name not the partname. I hope I made it more clear to everyone.

You can actually do this in drawing mode. On the menu bar for the tree, Click Show > Model Tree if it is not already selected. Next, select Settings > Tree Columns. In the Model Tree Columns Window, select Type > Model Parameters in the pulldown. Type PTC_COMMON_NAME in the "Name" field, and add it to the "Displayed" Area with the "add" button. Now each part in an assembly will have its associated common name in a column next to the part name. Just click on the common name and edit as needed.

Hey again I do not find what you are proposing. I use Pro-E Wildfire 5. Does that make any difference or should I try once more or perhaps I did not understand to well what you ment.

Try using Rename, and selecting In Session. This 'unlocks' the Common Name for me, and when I save it seems to keep the new common name. HTH.

This has been something we have been trying to figure out ourselves. How to change this common name. Thanks to the people in these forums, I now know how to do this. Dennis

Thanks to you all. I'll try it and let you know. It seems some people had the same question. Thanks to them to show me I wasn't the only one.
chris5
1-Newbie
(To:chris5)

This one is solved. Thanks

Chris

Refer this post for better understanding How to Change common name in Creo

Regards,

Sundar dannana

Regards,
Sundar Dannana
Mechanical Engineer,
ExtruDesign.com.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags