cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Save location/axis for translate/rotate in CreoView

BjørnarBakken
2-Guest

Save location/axis for translate/rotate in CreoView

Hi,

I have an assembly in CreoView MCAD where I need to rotate a lot of different parts and subassemblies for illustration/simulation purposes. The default rotation center/axis is somewhere in the middle of the parts, so I have to change the rotational axis to a specific axis/cylinder by selecting Location->Select Coordinate System. But this seems to change the "global location" for rotation, so when I select another part for rotation it will rotate around the previuos selected axis, so then I have to reselect for a new rotation axis. The question is: Is it possible to store a specific rotation axis for specific parts/subassy? So that when I select a certain part, the specified rotation axis is defined for that part? Would save me a lot of time if this was possible.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I'm bumbing this one. Anyone know if this has changed in CreoView 3.0?

Top Tags