cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

drawings have so many decimal places

mgupta-4
1-Newbie

drawings have so many decimal places

dim.PNG

Can anybody know how to manage this problem ,as i just updated creo 2 from pro e wildfire ,it happened in all drawing sheets .

I dont have an idea of changing this decimal places.

Manish

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Manish,

If you are working with Creo 2.0 M090 or later, you may try updating the drawing by setting a drawing option update_drawing with value as 2140864.

1. Open drawing.

2. File > Prepare > Drawing Properties > Change for Detail options > Add option update_drawing and value as 2140864

3. Review > Update Sheets > Save

Mahesh.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

dim1.PNG

Please check it already set as default in my sketcher ,please suggest some other options.

Manish

No its not working,i think i have to re dimension it ,cause when i re dimension ,its in shape.

Manish

Manish,

I have seen your problem before so this might work. Right mouse click on the dim and bring up the properties and make sure that the rounded dimension value is clicked or checked.

Rick

pic.jpg

Rick,

Yes by clicking rounded dimension value its working,but is there in method of doing in one stroke.

Itself it is also a great help.

Thanks Rick.

Manish

mmonteiro
4-Participant
(To:mgupta-4)

In my config.pro has:

default_dec_places 6

default_ang_dec_places 2

but, when I want to work with Drawings, I add in the Drawings folder a current_session.pro with:

default_dec_places 2

default_ang_dec_places 1

and in the Options I will import this file to chage the defaults values of the config.pro.

Manish,

If you are working with Creo 2.0 M090 or later, you may try updating the drawing by setting a drawing option update_drawing with value as 2140864.

1. Open drawing.

2. File > Prepare > Drawing Properties > Change for Detail options > Add option update_drawing and value as 2140864

3. Review > Update Sheets > Save

Mahesh.

Mahesh, maybe you can explain a little more about this drawing option?

What has changed in M090 that required this? What previous version drawings does it affect? What features does it affect?... etc.

Hello Mahesh,

Please explain. What does it change? And why M090 or later?

~J

2140864 is SPR number which was submitted to report this issue and has been resolved in Creo 2.0 M090. This SPR number can be used to update the drawings to correct the decimal places. Once update_drawing 2140864 will apply to a drawing, drawing option will correct the issue and will not available in that drawing detail option list.

2140864 is SPR number which was submitted to report this issue and has been resolved in Creo 2.0 M090. This SPR number can be used to update the drawings to correct the decimal places. Once update_drawing 2140864 will apply to a drawing, drawing option will correct the issue and will not available in that drawing detail option list.

Mahesh,

Is there a compilation of all the SPR numbers and a description of the problem each one solves?

Thanks!

mender
6-Contributor
(To:bnielsen-2)

There is not.  You can test if an issue you have is fixed by such a thing by using 'update_drawing all' (followed by regeneration of the relevant items).  If it is, you can inspect the drawing to ensure that any changes are as desired and proceed, or if you need to only fix the one bug (say, update_drawing all also fixes something that moves around your carefully placed detailing), then you can file an SPR to have the specific update identified.

Top Tags