cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to know the beam element node reaction force and moment in Pro Mechanica

ptc-5970743
1-Newbie

How to know the beam element node reaction force and moment in Pro Mechanica

Hello all, I am new to Pro Mechanica. I have a question regarding to probe the reaction force and moment at a node of a beam element.

In my application, I use the beam element to represent my whole equipment structure. The results behave correctly. However, I have problem to know the reaction force and moment at a node connected two beams. This node actually represent the bolt joint connection in reality. Therefore, I want to know the force and moment reaction at this particular place.

Since Pro mechanica consider the beam connection is a rigid link and I can only output the reaction force and moment at the constraints. Is there any way I can find the reaction force and moment at node between beams when there is no constraint there.

Thank you all.

5 REPLIES 5

You can do one of the two:

1. A fringe plot of force/moment:

Force_Moment.png

2. A graph of the shear and moment diagram:

Shear_Moment.png

I am student and new of creo i have same problem

can give simple example

8-18-2014+7-29-12+AM.png

8-18-2014+7-32-02+AM.png

8-18-2014+7-32-30+AM.png

8-18-2014+7-36-03+AM.png

8-18-2014+7-35-34+AM.png

8-18-2014+7-36-13+AM.png

Beam Resultant only works for beam elements; your model is meshed with solid elements (I'm guessing). If you want to find the recation forces at the constraint, then you'll need to define a Measure for that.

thank youtest.jpg

Can you send stuff to learn how to set measure. video or written stuff ? Thanks.

Announcements
Top Tags