cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Display Combination or View States in the PVZ format

ptc-234670
1-Newbie

Display Combination or View States in the PVZ format

I am using CREO/Elements 5.0 and I would like to save a pro/ENGINEER part or assembly file in a format that will allow me to send it to suppliers (who are using PTC Creo View Express 3.0) who will be able to see the solid model as well as the annotations and other PMI. I have tried saving my part file in the PVZ format, but only one view is visible in Creo View Express. The reason why I would like to have multiple views is that I would like to use multiple Combination Views with different dimensions and GD&T to avoid having a single view with too much PMI. According to the Creo View comparison chart document (http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/129373/en/6813_Creo_View_Chart4_TS_EN.pdf), this functionality should be available (“Display Combination or View States from Creo Parametric or Capture States from CATIA V5”).

1 REPLY 1

You will need to "publish" the Pro/E or Creo Parametric file into Creo View file format so that the end user can see "Geometry + PMI" in Creo View Express. The combination states/View Manager States will NOT appear if you directly import a Creo Parametric file into Creo View. This is because Creo View reads only the graphics rep - i.e. PGL data during direct import. Hence, the only way to get Combo states and PMI for viewing in Creo View Express is to publish the data.

You may refer to my blog www.vizpundit.com for additional information about publishing, recipe options, etc.

Thanks,

Madhavi

www.vizpundit.com

Top Tags