cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

CADDS 5 on Windows

SteveVisser
1-Newbie

CADDS 5 on Windows

My apologies if this is not the correct forum to seak this information.

We have recently moved from old Sun Ultra 10's to Windows 7 and need CADDS to take care of legacy data going back 30 years on an active project. I've encountered numerous problems with getting CADDS 5 rev 16 (currently on 16.1 M040) to work on Windows and although I can get CADDS to work most of the time, it seems unstable and the slightest hiccup can stop it. PTC Tech Support has only been able to help with about half the problems. I have found some solutions myself after much trial and error. I've opening so many cases over the last few months, I'm almost feeling that they are ignoring me.

I am looking at connecting with anyone who is activily using CADDS 5 on Windows or at least has a fair amount of experience who may have already gone through the process. Maybe recommendations on who to contact, companies who still use CADDS, etc. I've done searches on the PTC Community for anything CADDS and the only area that popped up has been the Data Exchange/Interoperability group. Searches on the web have yielded virtually nothing except historical references.

Any help would be most appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Steve,

I have a dedicated Windows NT PC running CADDS 5 Rev 12 within Exceed/Hummingbird 6.2. It all runs within Oracle VM VirtualBox, in Windows 7 x64. There are some occasional problems, but seems to do ok most of the time. No experience with Rev 16, so I'm not sure how well it would run.. You might try joining the CADDS Veterans group on LinkedIn.com. There are +400 members. Mostly former users and PTC/CV people, but some are using CADDS, and a few CADDS 5 developers from Pune. If you post there you might get some feedback: https://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2643179

Regards,

-Steve Huffman

Draftware Inc.

www.draftware.com

Top Tags