cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Illustrated Parts Lists - How are you handling?

kpritchard
4-Participant

Illustrated Parts Lists - How are you handling?

How are others in the Technical Authoring Community dealing with Illustrated Parts Lists? I realize I'm scratching the surface, but from what I understand "Intelligent Graphics" have a list (Parts List) embedded. When you use the intelligent graphic how are you accessing the list?

Creo-Illustrate does not have capability to embed a "Parts List" in a Figure. From what I understand IsoDraw does (please recalibrate me if need be).

Ultimately, what I'd like to get to is processing such that Figure is on one page and Parts List (when present) is opposite.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Have you had any success with this yet? We are just starting to use IsoDraw and would find this to be handy, as well. Currently, we use another software to package our parts list with the viewable.

We've taken a more custom approach using IsoDraw. As an example of our current UI, see the following link.

http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Numi-Comfort-Height-skirted-one-piece-elongated-1.28-gpf-toilet-with-integrated-bidet-technology-%28less-remote%29/productDetail/Styles-of-Toilets/949936.htm?brandId=430036&skuId=949924&categoryId=429984&hash=id%3Dfilters%26startIndex%3D20%26scrollTop%3D0#parts-viewer/0/

The metadata is applied via macro to the image but we also have the ability to extract the part numbers, if desired, for external display. Our pages however are utilized by both businesses as well as the average consumer so we kept page interaction as simple as possible.

Top Tags