cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Error when trying to enter license information

ptc-6613915
1-Newbie

Error when trying to enter license information

So when i try to enter my product SKU in order to install the license, I get a login window which i fill out with my matching PTC account that I am using for my school videos. After a couple seconds of it searching, I get a red Error code. I also tried using the Host ID method and received an error on that as well. Trying to install Creo 2.0

4 REPLIES 4
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-6613915)

Hi Eduardo,

Can you please elaborate on the error message you received when trying the Host ID method? The license file should fix any issues that you are having with inputting a product code.

I am getting the same type of issue:

After putting in the license code and my login and password, it thinks for a few minutes and then returns a red "Error!"

If I try to use the Advance license entry (Host ID method) the setup program stops working (PTC Installation Assistant has stopped working) and I have to close the program and restart.

This has happened to me trying to install both CREO 2.0 and 3.0 schools editions (I tried 2.0 first, but when it didn't work I hoped that going to 3.0 would work).

Windows 7 Ultimate

3GB RAM

Thanks,

Jenny

MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-6704885)

Hi Jenny,

Can you try the following guide? http://communities.ptc.com/thread/44525?tstart=0

Hello Mark,

do you know how I can update my license for Creo3? I have relocated my computer from one room to another and the physical addresse changed a little bit so that Creo3 is not working anymore.

Best regards

Georg

Top Tags