cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo Parametric resources for a beginner?

ptc-6569418
1-Newbie

Creo Parametric resources for a beginner?

Do you guys know of any resources that could help a complete beginner out with Creo Parametric? I mean resources that assume that you know absolutely nothing about Creo.

I was able to find PTC university through Google, but the videos there seem to assume that you're already somewhat familiar with Creo, it's user interface, and the basic understanding of all the tools and their functions. Plus, they don't seem to be organized in terms of difficulty. It would be nice to find a set of videos that starts out explaining the absolute basics of Creo, even it's user interface, and then gradually introduces new concepts in the following videos.

I was also able to find the Creo Parametric Quick Reference Card. It was really useful, and it helped me quickly learn the basics of how to control Creo with the mouse and keyboard without having too rely on trial and error. But I just stumbled across the direct link to the PDF file while I was Googling. I actually don't know where that page is from, or where I can find more resources like it.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If this is a new license purchase, you should have received access to a very comprehensive training regimen. And then there is the Learning Connector that also is provided for one year with a new license.

If you simply inherited a seat then you do have some searching to do. However, you might get your employer to sign you up for the PTC university to get you through the basics.

Otherwise, yes, it is a lot of work to get up to speed in Creo. This forum is probably the second most helpful resource to get you through the rough spots.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

If this is a new license purchase, you should have received access to a very comprehensive training regimen. And then there is the Learning Connector that also is provided for one year with a new license.

If you simply inherited a seat then you do have some searching to do. However, you might get your employer to sign you up for the PTC university to get you through the basics.

Otherwise, yes, it is a lot of work to get up to speed in Creo. This forum is probably the second most helpful resource to get you through the rough spots.

I'm using the Student Edition of Creo. Does that give me access to the "training regimen" or Learning Connector you were talking about?

Do you know of any books, software, or websites that could help someone get familiar with Creo?

What exactly is PTC University? I know that it's some kind of learning software, but I want to make sure I'm getting my money's worth. It costs $85, right?

I have no idea what the PTC university costs but you definitely want to to talk to someone about it. Students should qualify for a significant discount. The PTC University is lesson/lab/quiz based with provided lesson files. As a quick start program, I definitely reommend it.

Are there any free resources that could get someone at the very least familiar with the basics of Creo? Something similar to the Creo Parametric Quick Reference Card, but more in depth.

I mean, I'm sure PTC has to offer some sort of free manual to help beginners get familiar with using Creo Parametric. I just don't know where to find it.

Thank you very much for the response, but I already know about the free videos at Learning Exchange, and that you can just look up random tutorials on YouTube.

But like I mentioned in the OP, the PTC University (Learning Exchange) videos aren't organized in a way designed to teach beginners. I remember reading a post on another forum mentioning how the Learning Exchange videos are pretty good, but that they're organized horribly. And that's honestly been my experience while trying to find videos to teach myself. If you are an absolute beginner with Creo, it might be difficult to figure out which Learning Exchange videos you want to check out, and in which order to watch them in.

And I've already looked for some beginner tutorials on YouTube. This video, for example, does a better job of explaining the basics of Creo Parametric than any other video I've found thus far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qug3t7k9hFw

Though, by the time I found the above video, I had already figured out how to do all of that through trial and error. But hopefully someone who stumbles upon this thread in the future looking for help finds the video helpful.

And like I've already said, I'm looking for some kind of written user manual, similar to the Creo Parametric Quick Reference Card, but more in depth. Does PTC offer any official Creo Parametric manuals?

I still have the hardcopy manuals from around Pro|E 18.0 days. They are still relevant and useful.

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-6569418)

Hi,

We have hired an intern for two years and bought a student licence with an access to PTC University Precision LMS. The student has used it for several basic and more advanced lessons and I find it really well done. There are lessons, then exercises and evaluation. Once you get your results from evaluation, it points the parts of the lesson you didn't understand well and can go back to work to get better.

I think I'll be doing some lessons on the more advanced features which I learned by myself.

hi ive been working on creo for a little time now and i know that this is a little off topic but in the ftc kit of parts the motor assemble is missing and i think the file was currupted somehow so i went to the resources and redownloded the kit of parts and it is still missing would anyone know where to find it ?

Please provide link where did you get this kit.

Your welcome to use my student training site for free:

http://vleblog.lboro.ac.uk/cad/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCccy4ffmqbtx8_pLolsHfBg

Cheers, Sean

CADCAM@LDS - http://vleblog.lboro.ac.uk/cad/

Degree Show - http://www.ldsdegreeshow.co.uk/

Department Home - http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/lds

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sean Kerslake
Loughborough Design School
Loughborough University

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for posting those links Sean.

Best,

Toby

Okay, that puts this forum as -3rd- in the list of resources

Thanks Sean. Great site!

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ptc-6569418)

Check out this discussion in the FIRST community.

How are you learning Creo Parametric CAD?

Top Tags