cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Minimization with 6 variational parameters

aayyappan
1-Newbie

Minimization with 6 variational parameters

Hello,

I having a problem with Minimization with 6 paramaters. I have attached the worksheet. i am not able to find the problem. Its calculating, but it doesnot bring the answer. Pls kndly check my worksheet.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:aayyappan)

How long did you wait? There's no way to know how many iterations will be needed to converge, but if each iteration takes 15 seconds then even 100 iterations would take about 25 minutes.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You have to provide ALL variables when you call Minimize, not just the first.

1.png

I didn't wait for the expression to finsh calculation so I can't tell if it ever will stop and provide a solution.

why its take too much of time to calculate? what is wrong with that?, what should i do to reduce the calculation time?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

The minimization is iterative. A numeric integration is iterative. So each triple integral is a loop in a loop in a loop, and you have 21 of them. They are all inside another loop (the minimization). There's probably not a lot you can do to speed things up, but one improvement would be to get rid of your x and y functions. They are always squared, so zh-ze and ze-zh are equivalent. A quick test indicates that replacing them with just zh-ze almost doubles the speed. Calculation of H still takes about 15 seconds though on my PC, so the minimization will take many times that.

I modified the worksheet as you told. but still it doesnot bring the answer. whether the command for minimization is correct or not?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

How long did you wait? There's no way to know how many iterations will be needed to converge, but if each iteration takes 15 seconds then even 100 iterations would take about 25 minutes.

Top Tags