cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

vector integration... (please help me)

jlee-2
1-Newbie

vector integration... (please help me)

<I hope to know. I spent time to know this method for 2 days >

I was going to convert "range variable" to "vector"

I finally finish to change.

After that, I tried to integrate, but I couldn't do it.

I could integrate before changing "range varable" to "vector"

so I guess that the problem is due to "vector".

could you give me advice?

I attach my file.

thank you for reading my question

3 REPLIES 3
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:jlee-2)

I've only got Prime Express, so can't run your worksheet properly. However, my quick scan through it suggests that the variable "i" may still be a range variable. Change it to a vector by defining a function "vec" that converts range variables to vectors:

vec(rv):=

v <- 0

for i e rv

...v[rows(v) <- i

return v

or, for a more complete version, try the following ... I think it should work in Prime 3.0.

collab+-+14+11+23+vec+function+01.jpg

These functions form part of my standard Mathcad 11..15 library. I created the attached Prime file in the Prime 2 beta to check whether they still worked in Prime ... I think it works but I'm not sure.

I do remember that whilst v:=vec(1..10) will work in Mathcad it won't work in Prime ... Prime won't let me enter a range variable as an argument, but I think rv:=1..10, v:=vec(rv) should work.

Stuart

thank you for giving good matrial.

But I can't understand well for my poor english.

so could you give me simpe example?

I am sorry to bother you...

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:jlee-2)

Type in the code for vec that is show in the image ... or load the "dev - submatrix" file and copy the vec function to the start of a blank worksheet.

Then type

rv:=1..10

IsArray(rv)=

v<T>=

where <T> is the matrix Transpose operator.

You should get what looks like a vector of all zeros for IsArray= - it isn't a vector, it's the result of Mathcad applying IsArray to each value in the range variable rv. You should also an error for v(T)=.

Then type

v:=vec(rv)

IsArray(v)=

v<T>=

and this time you should (hopefully) get the result IsArray = 1 and v=[1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10]

Stuart

Top Tags