cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

About radio-button control

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

About radio-button control

Please is there anyone who kindly can tell me how to eliminate that annoyng flickers very evident when using multiple radio buttons associated with the same variable?

Thank you

F. M.

4 REPLIES 4
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:-MFra-)

You can't. When you click on one button Mathcad has to recalculate all of them, hence the flicker.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:RichardJ)

I've used for many years the "Visual C++" of Microsoft. With it, as is well known, it is possible to eliminate various "flicker" . Since Mathcad, to my knowledge , has been created with such a programming language, I thought it was also in this new environment, to eliminate that problem. I am surprised that this isn't possible.

Thanks anyway.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:-MFra-)

Oh, I'm sure it's possible if you have access to the source code of Mathcad. You would just make an exception so that the green "calculating region" box doesn't show for the other radio buttons in a set when those regions recalculate. Good luck on ever getting such a request implemented though.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:RichardJ)

... It would be nice to access the code... Regarding my problem, if I remember correctly, one should proceed as one does in visual c++, namely one should "freeze" the area containing the radio buttons of the same variable until it stabilizes or ends calculation and then reactivate the area, obviously via software...

Top Tags