cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Improving PTC's University program

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Improving PTC's University program

PTC has UTTERLY dropped the ball on this. Solidworks is being taught at many colleges, while none of the Engineers out of school that we've talked to have Pro/E experience. We cannot find someone who can hit the ground running, and some candidates we'd like to hire refuse to learn it on the job.

Legacy files will only keep PTC alive for so long. Pro/E NEEDS to be taught in the majority of universities for it to survive in the future.

2 REPLIES 2

Hey Frank -

You bring up an important topic for discussion, which didn't really relate to our conversation about helpful resources for our FIRST students. As a result I've branched this conversation and moved it to our . Happy to hold a conversation (provided it's focused on constructive criticism) about how we can improve this aspect of our academic programs.

Thanks,

- Ryan

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:ryankelley)

Here's another one: For a bonus goal her at work, I remembered long ago there was a "certification" program PTC had, and wanted to get certified. Sadly, I found that was dropped LONG ago. It would be nice to have certification programs, to make sure, for instance, applicants or even contractors were qualified. We had a contractor come in here that claimed this and that....and failed miserably.

Something like what ASME does for instance. For an example, I just recently passed my ASME GD&T Technologist Certification (I'll be taking the Senior test this year - 33 years after I was first trained in it!), a pretty gruelling 4-hour test. I'd LOVE to see certifications for general knowledge, and certain modules.

Top Tags