cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

What is corner_offset in local milling? help document doesn't explain clearly.

lzhao
1-Newbie

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:lzhao)

I am not sure, but isn't it used with local milling sequences that are not based on a previous sequence, but geometry? Then it defines how much material is assumed to be left over in the corners due to whatever reasons.

Gunter has the right idea. It is used in "Local Milling" - "Corners". It tells the software how far from the corner there is still material left. Basically the radius of the tool. For example, If I rough the inside walls of a pocket with a .500" endmill then the value would be .250". I usually use a slightly larger value so there is some overlap and a cusp isn't left. So I would use .265" instead.

lzhao
1-Newbie
(To:lzhao)

my current part has inside corner R0.13 and R0.16, I use 1/2 end mill to do all profile cutting, no problem. then I tried to use 1/4 end mill only do corner cutting, I use local milling to clean the corner, failed.

what is problem? anyone can show me how to do it?

I attached the part file.

Top Tags