cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Plotting curves with two y axis, one in ksi, and other MPa

SFares
12-Amethyst

Plotting curves with two y axis, one in ksi, and other MPa

Hello,

please scroll down in my attached sheet to the bottom two curves. i am not sure why it is showing more curves than what i am trying to plot. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:SFares)

5 REPLIES 5
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

You only listed the x axis once, All of the RHS curves are then plotted against the LAST independent strain.

Copy the ordinate axis and paste it again, all will collapse.

Fred,

i am not sure i understand your answer regarding listing the x axis one. On the x axis I have listed the strains that i have that corresponding stress. what do you mean by copying the ordinate axis? Thank you!

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

You have a total of 6 variables on the y-axes, but only 3 variables on the x-axis. The way Mathcad resolves that is y1 vs x1, y2 vs x2, y3 vs x3, y4 vs x3, y5 vs x3, y6 vs x3. If you put x1,x2,x3,x1,x2,x3 on the x-axis you will get y1 vs x1, y2 vs x2, y3 vs x3, y4 vs x1, y5 vs x2, y6 vs x3, which is what you want. When you have fixed that you will still see 6 curves though, because the lower and upper limits of the two axes are not identical. In this case the lower limit is 0, so you can make the graphs overlap exactly by putting 100*ksi/MPa in the upper limit placeholder on the MPa axis. Also set the number of grids to be the same for the two axes. The tick marks are then at non-integer numbers, but you can't have everything.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

This should help

SFares
12-Amethyst
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you Werner!

it was my first time using two y -axes.

Top Tags