cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo CNC Program and post processor code generating capabilities

bhussain
1-Newbie

Creo CNC Program and post processor code generating capabilities

Hi,

Currently we are dealing with 2 machines at client site . Now how can we know that if code generated by Creo Machining extension can be directly integrated with these machines or not. If we require to develop post processsor then how much it will cost to develop new post procesor.

Is there some list of machines and manufacturers which show direct integration or post processor requirement? I am from sales back ground so i need basic info.

1. 1. FBE-2600

http://www.eumach.com/company-all.htm

1. 2. CNC-EB 800L, JS EDM

http://www.jsedm.com/products_2.htm

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:bhussain)

Hello,

Creo generates *.tap files, then you need a posprocessor to "translate" for you machines.

Here's a list of several post processor provided by PTC => http://support.ptc.com/cs/fr_25/howto/ncgp4905/ncgp4905_f.htm

Hi

thanks for the help and prompt reply.

Please explain how to select right processor for the specific machine?

Please also elaborate that can we use PTC Creo Built in processor for this as well?

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

I'm sorry but I won't be able to answer as I don't know. I'll let the experts of this forum answer !

Hi

Can you direct me too anyone?

also there is no software support or info on CNC manufacturers site. whats the reason ?

NickMihelich
6-Contributor

This is a large can of worms you opening. If you have active software maint. you can access this library of posts and try to modify one of them to work for you. Your other option would be to contact a Austin NC and have a post created. They are extremely good and worth the money.

gkoch
1-Newbie

The postprocessing solution provided by PTC is a generalized postprocessor named GPOST, that can be customized by a lot of settings and by a programming language (FIL), in case there is no setting is available for what needs to be changed from "default" output.

This allows for an infinite number of postprocessor settings for the infinite number of machines out there.

PTC provides seting files only under the term of "samples" to start for creating a customized one.

Some are already in the installation, the rest is in the library Nick pointed to.

GPOST as provided with Creo contains all functionality that you can generate as many different settings, usable with different postprocessors, as you want.

In theory it can be done by yourself with a detailed manual of the machine, carefully going through the setup and testing, but of course experience of course helps to significantly reduce the time spent.

Hence there are people making a living by doing it for you.

AustinNC are the developers of GPOST, so naturally they should be good in setting up their PP.

Top Tags