cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Relative Accuracy Problem in part model

pagarwal-2
1-Newbie

Relative Accuracy Problem in part model

For one of the components in an assembly is having an issue of relative accuracy.

All features of this component are not getting generated after removing further material from it. As estimation of relative accuracy is not proper.

One of the solution can be to adjust the 'min.' dimension to clear this relative accuracy.

If there can be any other solution (so that dimensions will not be altered), pls. share the details.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Prateek,

Can you add some picture of your problem.

Regards,

Thangavijay T

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:pagarwal-2)

Relative accuracy works on simple parts with a close relationship to all feature sizes. Long parts (regardless of actual size) with small features always have issues. It's meant to save file size, but I normally just set mine to an Absolute value of .0001 or so. First, you must have it enables in your config.pro:

enable_absolute_accuracy yes

Just to note: 0.0001 is probably overkill if you're using mm (I suspect Frank is using inches)!

0.01 mm works well for us (automotive transmission parts). Of course, if you're doing some sort of micro-engineering, you may need to set a smaller value.

Top Tags