cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to merge table rows/columns in Arbortext Epic

astropooja
1-Newbie

How to merge table rows/columns in Arbortext Epic

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to figure out the existence of any cell merge/split feature in Epic. However, I do not see any such option available in the tool or in any of its supporting documentation. Can someone please guide on Epic's support for such feature (which I am guessing there should be, as Epic is believed to have all the MS Word abilities mapped into its environment).

I have come across another forum thread which states the below navigation for spanning/unspanning table cells:

TABLE--> SPAN CELLS (ALT + F11)

TABLE--> UNSPAN CELLS (ALT + SHIFT+ F11)

However, none of the above seem to be enabled on my editor. I do not see them appear in my table menu bar options either.

Please guide whether it's possible to perform these operations on a table and if yes, how?

Thanks in advance,

Pooja

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lfraley
6-Contributor
(To:astropooja)

I would not expect MS Word shortcuts to work in Arbortext Editor. If you don't see the Table Editor toolbar, you need to check your preferences and turn them off if your copy of Editor. If you still can't turn them on, it may be that your IT group has made it so you cannot do these kinds of markup changes in Editor. You will need to talk to whoever is managing your local implementation.

We have a cheat sheet of all shortcuts available to our customers; if you would like access to it, you should sign up for the TC Dojo Mastermind Group (http://www.single-sourcing.com/products/tcdojo/pricing.html)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lfraley
6-Contributor

I would not expect MS Word shortcuts to work in Arbortext Editor. If you don't see the Table Editor toolbar, you need to check your preferences and turn them off if your copy of Editor. If you still can't turn them on, it may be that your IT group has made it so you cannot do these kinds of markup changes in Editor. You will need to talk to whoever is managing your local implementation.

We have a cheat sheet of all shortcuts available to our customers; if you would like access to it, you should sign up for the TC Dojo Mastermind Group (http://www.single-sourcing.com/products/tcdojo/pricing.html)

Hi Liz,

Thanks for responding! Could you please help me understand the exact table property I need to set as ON in order to enable the cell merging feature of a table. I have attached a screenshot of the Preferences window; most of the checkboxes appear to be selected for the table implementation as you can see below.

.Table+properties.jpg

I'd greatly appreciate if you could help me gain an insight into this feature.

Many thanks!

lfraley
6-Contributor

The properties are documented in the Help System.

Did you find the information you needed in the Arbortext Editor's Help Center topics, Table Overview, Adding Rows and Columns, Spanning Cells as Liz described?

Top Tags