cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Trying to branch an existing document

pmorey
1-Newbie

Trying to branch an existing document

I am trying to branch an existing document to a new document. My ViewSet is set to document author. To do so, I start with a query and select a document of the same type. In this case, it is a requirement specifications. I highlight the desired document, go to the top menu and select "document", select the "branch" option in the drop down, and select a destination project. I have tried the "as of" "now", and other options. I have not selected the "also branch" options.

I get the following "PTC error" - "MKS124311: No valid initial states for type "requirement specification". Can someone please shed some light on this error and how to resolve it?

Thank you,

Phyllis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pmorey1
1-Newbie
(To:pmorey)

Thank you everyone for your response. We have resolved the issue. It was related to adding mandatory fields to existing document formats. When we removed the "mandatory" requirement, we were able to branch successfully.

Thank you again for your support and suggestions.

Regards,

Phyllis

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Phyllis,

It sounds like this is a problem related to having a mandatory FVA field on your content items (in this case a Requirement). I would suggest contacting PTC Integrity Support in this case to investigate, and add you to a defect resolution request, possibly for RFC 171454, or for RFC 967112 (or both). The typical culprits for the mandatory state in this case are either the field Category or the field ALM_Text.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
pmerkle
5-Regular Member

Hello Phyllis,

just an idea: have you checked that you have the rights to create a new Requirement Specification?

Regards,

Peter

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:pmerkle)

Peter's idea is also a good one. Can you create Requirement Specifications in other ways?

It might also be that you have the rights, but that there is a mandatory field which you haven't checked. Having said that, I still strongly suspect the issue noted in my first response.

Please let us know what you find.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
pmorey1
1-Newbie

Thank you everyone for your response. We have resolved the issue. It was related to adding mandatory fields to existing document formats. When we removed the "mandatory" requirement, we were able to branch successfully.

Thank you again for your support and suggestions.

Regards,

Phyllis

Top Tags