cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Simulation status: Failed while calculating

Domen
14-Alexandrite

Simulation status: Failed while calculating

Hi.

I have encoutered a problem while doing a simulation.

In the Analyses and Design Studies window, the simulation status is Failed, although simulation is still runing. And when it finishes it says Completed.

I have found no error message in .rtp, .stt or .err file.

So the status should be Running, and not Failed.

I have a simple geometry, that has Fixed translations (X,Y,Z) on the small round surface.

And the inner surface has a Pressure Load.

Has anybody else noticed something like that or am I just missing something?

I have also included the model in the attachement.

6 REPLIES 6

I see this problem too from time to time; the analysis status says "failed" but it keeps running fine. Another issue I have seen is that I click "stop" to stop analysis, and then I get the message "Analysis1 is not running" while in fact it is.

In any case, I can't re-create your problem. It runs fine on my computer, Creo 2, M090.

A tip: if your model's geometry, loads and constraints all are axisymmetrix, you can run this as a 2D analysis, or use symmetry conditions and model a "slice of a cake" and use symmetry constraints. If you only run it once, it probably doesn't matter, but if you want to do design studies/optimizations and play around with your design, you will want it to run fast. Your model ends up with 900+ elements. As a 2D analysis, I end up with three elements.

/Mats L/

Capture.JPG

Domen
14-Alexandrite
(To:mlindqvist)

Thanks for the tip.

I could also simulate this problem with shell idealization, and get less elements and shorter calculation time.

It is interesting that, after I have restarted Creo and cleaned up directory where the model and simulation files were, I can`t re-create the same problem.

Could you explain in what sort of models/simulations did you notice this problem? Did you see any pattern or was it random in different models?

On PTC support this problem is mentioned, but is says it was implemented and fixed.

No, I can't say that there is some specific problem type, just that it happens from time to time.

tleati
10-Marble
(To:Domen)

Hi Domen,

your problem just happened to me yesterday, for the first time (or the first time I recognized it) in 11 months.

I opened a discussion on the same issue, since I had not seen your post, this is the link if you may want to take a look

Re: Why "Analyses and Design Studies" window statu... - PTC Community

I have Creo 2.0.

bye

Domen
14-Alexandrite
(To:tleati)

Thanks for your info. If you find anything usefull about this problem let me know.

If the problem is repeatable, send it to PTC so they will investigate it.

The solution to this problem was already written in this topic: you should not worry about status while the calculation is running. What matters is the .rpt file and convergence at the end of your simulation.

tleati
10-Marble
(To:Domen)

yes in fact as I wrote in the previous post I hadn't seen your post and posted a new one thinking no one had never talked about it...

in fact at the end my simulation too went well and completed.

bye

Top Tags